Pictures :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Essential Questions:

How do artists develop content and ideas for their work?
I think there are hundreds of different ways artists can develop content and idea for their work. I think the most important reference that artists pull from are their life experiences. Artists tend to do artwork that means something to them and that defines their unique qualities. Over the years quality of artwork develops because your experiences develop. I know as an artist that i've become more passionate about what I do because over the years i've gained a lot of different passions myself. Some artists can create content from their cultural background and identity. Artists can make arts of work that show their strong beliefs and morals. They pull from the environment in which they live in. They develop ideas from things and places they've seen or would like to see. It is even possible that artists will go into a piece of artwork not really knowing which direction their going in, but eventually through fooling around with the materials, they find inspiration. If certain emotions or feelings are overwhelming to them, artists tend to express themselves and capture their feelings through artwork. I know that art is a way of expression and depending on how you express yourself each day, your artwork can truly develop from all things and all different angles.

What kinds of techniques, behaviors, and habits allow artists to turn their ideas into meaningful works of art that engage the viewer?
As an artist there is a broad spectrum of techniques, behaviors, and habits that you develop to make meaningful pieces of artwork and to essentially engage the viewer. To start, you have to learn the basics of art. I believe I truly sharpened my skills as an artist when I came to Beaver and joined the Art Principles class. It was there that I learned the basics to art, such as, color, line, pattern, texture, placement and spacing, and so much more. I think if you truly want to better yourself as an artist, then you'll have to explore different kinds of art, too. In the past I've taken photography and sculpture just to explore and dig my hands into all kinds of art. I haven't fallen in love with all art forms, but I think having experience is very important. Being able to brainstorm is a habit and technique that all artists should perfect. Brainstorming will help you develop a message in any artwork you do, and will also help you remain open minded so that your work will relate to a plethora of viewers. Observation is key as an artist also. Learning how to observe your artwork and especially different artists work will allow you a sense of style and uniqueness that will transform your work into something meaningful. I think the most important habit that an artist can grow, however, is truly having fun and loving what kind of art you do. Having a passion for art and creating something, will transfer into the viewers eye and truly make your artwork rememberable.


No comments:

Post a Comment